Rappahannock Community College Friends of the Library
The Rappahannock Community College Friends of the Library was formed to promote the following objectives:
- To provide financial assistance beyond that which is provided in the state budget;
- To assist in the handling of gifts to the Rappahannock Community College Library;
- To promote awareness of the Rappahannock Community College as a community lending library;
- To offer cultural programs for the benefit of the entire community;
- To place special emphasis on developing the children’s collection and encouraging its use.
Gifts to the Rappahannock Community College Friends of the Library will be used to support both the academic and public functions of the Rappahannock Community College Library with the goal of strengthening collections and services overall.
To join simply print out and mail the membership form with your contributions to:
RCC Friends of the Library
P.O. Box 687
Warsaw, VA 22572
Friends of the Library Activities
The Friends of the Library Books Store closed on May 15th, 2020. Thank you to everyone who was able to make this store possible and through it was able to help the Richmond County Public Library.
• Donations of books, magazines, etc. cannot be accepted at this time.
• We ask that you consider making a monetary donation to the FOL for the continued support of the Public Library.
If you have any ideas for future locations for the BookStore, or suggestions for organizations that would like some of the books, please let us know. Contact Marian Howell at 804-394-4514 or 703-307-5617.
The Friends also have a Book Discussion Group that meets 6 times each year in March, April, May, September, October, and November. Anyone interested is invited to participate. To see upcoming books they will be discussing, see the library calendar .For more information, contact Carol Shackleford at 804-472-4225.