Rappahannock Community College Friends of the Library
The Rappahannock Community College Friends of the Library was formed to promote the following objectives:
- To provide financial assistance beyond that which is provided in the state budget;
- To assist in the handling of gifts to the Rappahannock Community College Library
- To promote awareness of the Rappahannock Community College as a community lending library;
- To offer cultural programs for the benefit of the entire community;
- To place special emphasis on developing the children’s collection and encouraging its us.
Gifts to the Rappahannock Community College Friends of the Library will be used to support both the academic and public functions of the Rappahannock Community College Library with the goal of strengthening collections and services overall.
To join simply print out and mail the membership form with you contributions to:
RCC Friends of the Library
P.O. Box 687
Warsaw, VA 22572
Friends of the Library Activities
The Friends of the Library operates a used bookstore at 74 Main Street in Warsaw that is open every Friday and Saturday from 10AM to 2PM. Currently, the store is temporarily closed due to the uptick in COVID-19 cases. (1/26/2021) The store is staffed entirely by volunteers from the Friends of the Library and proceeds from the store are contributed to the RCC/Richmond County Public Library for its children’s collections and programs. All books there sell for $1.00 or less and they are estimated to have over 20,000 books in stock. When Rappahannock Community College closes due to weather, the bookstore will remain closed.
The Friends also have a Book Discussion Group that meets 6 times each year in March, April, May, September, October, and November. Anyone interested is invited to participate. To see upcoming books they will be discussing, see the library calendar .For more information, contact Carol Shackleford at 804-472-4225.