Resources For Parents:
Scholastic Reading Counts: This searchable database provides information about books that are supported by Scholastic Reading Counts! quizzes. This easy-to-use database helps teachers, students, and parents locate the right title to read next. Search by title, author, grade level, Lexile® measure and other criteria and find information about titles that included annotated descriptions and key book metrics.
Accelerated Reading: This database provides information about books that are supported by Renaissance Learning’s Accelerated Reading Program. This database helps students, teachers, and parents locate the right title to read. This database also provides a complete guide to AR BookFinder. You can search for book titles based on authors, topics, or titles of books.
- Activities and Resources for Homeschooling Parents:
- Education Bug: This site offers a complete list of educational resources for parents looking for activities and ideas for their children’s homeschooling curriculum.
- Home Educators Association of Virginia (HEAV): Home Educators Association of Virginia is a member-supported, statewide, 501(c)3 non-profit homeschool association. Since 1983, HEAV has successfully worked to promote and protect home education in Virginia by working with the Department of Education and legislators, having a presence during the General Assembly sessions, and providing up-to-date information to homeschooling families, the media, and officials. HEAV, coming from a biblical worldview, serves all homeschoolers—regardless of religious or philosophical beliefs. Membership is, and always has been, open to all. With a full-time office staff and hundreds of dedicated volunteers, They are ready to answer your questions, offer support, and serve your needs year-round.
- VA Homeschoolers: The Organization of Virginia Homeschoolers (VaHomeschoolers) is an independent, non-profit, member-driven, statewide organization. They are committed to providing homeschooling support to members, as well as accurate information about homeschooling to Virginia’s families, school divisions, legislators and policymakers, the media, and the community at large.
- Online Schools:
- Virginia Virtual Academy (grades K-7)
- The Keystone School (grades 6-12)
- The Ogburn School (grades 3-12)
- Laurel Springs Online Private School (grades K-12)