Northern Neck Area
On this page you can find facts about our local area, the Northern Neck.
What is the Northern Neck exactly?
- Well, the Northern Neck is the peninsula that is located south of the Potomac River and north of the Rappahannock River. It includes the following Virginia Counties: Lancaster, Northumberland, Richmond, Westmorland and King George.
Is there any history here?
- The answer is YES! There are so many historical facts about the Northern Neck and you can explore them here:
What is the population size?
- For all of your demographic interests, the Virginia Employment Commission has compiled information about the area’s Labor Market. This document can provide you with the run-down on the basic demographic profile (including economic and education statistics) of the Northern Neck area.
- For demographic information specifically about Richmond County, please visit the U. S. Census Bureau’s county profile.
What is it like to live in the Northern Neck?
- Information about the lifestyle of the Northern Neck as well as information about relocation can be found at Realtor.com and Northern Neck.org.
How can I plan my visit to the Northern Neck?
- For activities to during your visit try: Trip Advisor Top Things to do in the Northern Neck.
- For places to go, try: Northern Neck.org. There are some great resources available to help you plan your visit to the Northern Neck.
Are you interested in just Richmond County?
- Here are some resources that can provide you with specific information about the history and current information about Richmond County.