Start browsing new titles through OverDrive today!
OverDrive is a free service offered by your library that lets you borrow eBooks, audiobooks, and more from digital collections. The Richmond County Public Library is part of an area wide system that shares a digital collection provided by SOVALUe (Southern Virginia Libraries United Electronically). With SOVALUe and OverDrive patrons can now access hundreds of E-books, a plethora of audiobooks and streaming videos with just a few minutes to get started.
Already familiar with OverDrive? Click the OverDrive icon above to begin browsing.
With OverDrive you can download and read eBooks from almost anywhere! Whether on a laptop or mobile device you can download the mobile app:
If you are on a computer you will need to download Adobe Digital Editions in order to store your downloaded eBooks.
Here’s how you can get started:
- Requirements to get access to OverDrive:
- You must have a Richmond County Public Library card
- Your library account must be in good standing (patron cannot owe any fines or fees)
- In order to get into the SOVALUe collection patrons must alert staff member(s) and provide permission to input the patron’s library card barcode number into the SOVALUe system. This way the patron will be recognized as a Richmond County Public Library patron.
To begin using The Richmond County Public Library SOVALUe collection:
- Here is our brief introductory video that will explain how to use OverDrive/SOVALUe.
- To download eBooks and audiobooks click here to visit the SOVALUe collection website.
Free eBooks and audiobooks are just a click away!
Questions? Please contact us (804) 333-6710 or email Dan Ream at firstname.lastname@example.org